Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Sickles








My body came under attack last week from a nasty virus, infecting my sinuses and lungs. Otherwise known as summer sickles. Being sick in the summer is no bueno, so I was very bummed to be bed ridden for a whole week. Being sick, restricted to my sick bed, and nodding in and out of consciousness resulted in my removal from civilization for 1 week.
I did, however learn a few things while my sinuses were fighting for their life:

1.) Sudafed does NOT make shower soothers anymore. WHY?! I bet people got addicted to the menthol sniffs.

2.) TV programming in the middle of the day during the week is targeted to 60 something women who have more than 1 cat.

3.) Burning your sinus cavities is possible. When the Neti Pot directions say lukewarm, trust it.

4.) Attending a "Gypsy" or "Traveler" wedding in the UK is something that just got added to my Bucket List! I hope my invite is in the mail...

5.) Being on a diet of soup, tea, and Nyquil is THE summer swimsuit diet. I'm emailing the Patent Office tomorrow morning, and calling a Z list celebrity (I'd call their agent, but let's be honest, they don't have one) to see if they will be my spokesperson. Will they be offended if I pay them in Campbell's Soup To Go's and Sudafed?

I'm glad to be feeling better. On another note, I'm getting excited for Fall fashion! I love love love love Fall, so plenty of Fall Fashun posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment