Monday, June 13, 2011

Driftwood Diva





A shot from Angelina Jolie's Louis Vuitton ad campaign was released today. She's in Cambodia, sitting on a piece of driftwood (what they might call a "boat"), with no make up on (I'm giving the side eye to that one), and wearing her VERY OWN Louis Vuitton Alto Carryall (I see you, girl). This is the same campaign from LV that features Sean Connery,Bono and his wifey. All of these folks are on that conscious tip...it's all about core values, guys!

I like Angelina, I really do. I mean, she's gorgeous, she gives $456 million dollars a year to charity, serves as an amb-ASS-ador (sorry, I had to) for the U.N., and gets to look at Brad Pitt all the time...
I'm sure she's just trying to make all of us look bad.

On another note, this reminds me of the time I went into the Louis Vuitton store in Paris (not the massive one that is now on the Champs Elysees, the smaller one on Avenue Montaigne...b/c I know you care). It was the Soldes time of year (Sale season). Every designer hole in the wall puts gobs of stuff on sale at this time of year. So I naturally sashayed into Louis Vuitton asking where the Soldes was. Well, Cruella Deville gave me le meanest glare ever and proclaimed in her most Frenchy English, "Mademoiselle, there are no sales at Lew Veetawn"! I know, cool story.


pic: WWD

No comments:

Post a Comment